Participating in a blog chain initiated by Louise Bibby as part of
Where do you live?
I live in Stamford, voted the number 1 place to live in Britain by The Sunday Times. How fancy.
Age (if you’re willing to share)
Tell us 5 things about you that the people in your life probably don’t know (non-illness related):
1. I’m not ashamed to say I bought tickets for the Westlife Farewell tour. Sadly I didn’t make it though.
2. In my day I was a pretty good javelin thrower!
3. I cannot sing and yet somehow got a lead role in West Side Story at school.
4. I am the biggest film wimp. I cannot watch anything remotely ‘scary’.
5. On my first day in a new job I drove straight into my employer’s garage door.
Tell us 5 things about you that the people in your life probably don’t know about your life with CFS/ME:
1. My vision is still as blurred and fuzzy and out of focus as it was when my symptoms first started. It’s constant but I suppose I’ve got used to it now.
2. I feel worse if I sleep too much.
3. My symptoms are ever present. Constant. Only the severity varies, from unbareable to almost-tolerable. Every single thing I do is counted as ‘over exertion’ according to my body.
4. I feel guilty for the impact this illness has had on the people I love the most and I hate the fact that there’s nothing I can do to unburden them.
5. Apparently you can tell how poorly I’m feeling by how slurred my speech is.
What one thing do you think most people wouldn’t know about living with ME/CFS that you’d like them to know?
People are always surprised to hear that I don’t watch much television or do the things that you’d expect ‘normal’ people to do on their days off. They imply that I’m lucky to not have to go out to work 9 to 5 every weekday. They seem to forget that I’m effectively working against my own body 24/7.
What is the most frustrating aspect for you of living with ME/CFS?
The ignorance, stigma and misunderstanding. The fact that people cobble together their own idea of what M.E. is without giving it any real thought.
Contact details (if you want to give them) – blog, Twitter, FB etc
Any other bloggers who want to join in the blog chain, please copy this and fill in your own answers. Then email Louise@GetUpAndGoGuru.com or send Louise a Tweet so she can link to your blog post in her original post.