Please save, and share, and spread the word.
Whether you’re having a little tea party for one, planning a video call with friends, or getting your family together, you’ll be so welcome on Blue Sunday.
Here’s how to join in:
• Buy a fundraising pack or napkin set from @sunshinemakesandbakes when they become available tomorrow. You don’t need one to join in but it’s a lovely addition to the day. NOW SOLD OUT
• Dig out your favourite mug, or your best cups and saucers
• Wear something blue (pyjamas count!)
• Have a slice of cake, or two. It can be bought or baked, and if your own dietary requirements limit you from eating cake then you can switch cake for whatever works best for you
• If you can, donate the price you’d pay for tea and cake to an M.E. charity. You’ll find a list of 10 charities, that I’m in contact with, via the Blue Sunday Donations tab on my blog. Share the link to whichever charity donation page you’d choose with your nearest and dearest so they can do the same
• Post a photo of your tea party set-up to social media. This allows those who are joining in by themselves to feel a part of something bigger. It breaks the isolation that we all feel when we are too unwell to be with people in-person
• Chat online with others doing the exact same thing. Swap recipes. Like photos. Comment on the gorgeous tea sets that others are using
• Follow the hashtags #BlueSunday2022 and #TeaPartyForME2022 or use the dedicated Facebook Event to see everyone else’s tea party related posts
• While I am not able to host a video ‘meet-up’, many people do. If I hear of any happening that are open to anyone I will share the details with you
Yes. It really is that simple. And yet, there will be many people with M.E. who cannot join us on the day; who cannot eat cake or drink tea due to the severity of their M.E. That’s the harsh reality of M.E. We will toast them on Blue Sunday.
Blue Sunday sees people with M.E., their families, friends and allies joining in from all over the world! From the UK, to Japan, Ireland to Australia, South Africa to Canada, the United States to The Netherlands.