You’ll probably have heard by now that I’m getting organised for my M.E. awareness week tea party already. Alongside the in-person event in Stamford, Lincolnshire (please do get in touch for more information if you’d like to join me in person) I will again be hosting a virtual tea party online.
It’s quite simple really. Here’s a rough guide of how to join in come Blue Sunday in May, from the comfort of your own home.
• Dig out your best mug or loveliest tea set.
• Make sure there’s cake in the house.
• Drink tea and eat cake.
• Take a photo of you doing so.
• Post it in the Facebook Event or on Instagram or Twitter under the Blue Sunday hashtag.
• Donate the price you’d expect to pay for tea and cake in a café to the Blue Sunday Donations page if you’re in a position to do so.
• Feel part of the in-person event as Anna shares videos and photos.
• Chat online with others. Comment on how delicious each other’s cakes look or swap your favourite recipes. Best of all, potentially find new friends or new accounts to follow.
• Cheer Anna on as she tries to socialise for 2 whole hours at the in-person event!