You’ll probably have heard by now that I’m getting organised for my M.E. awareness week tea party already. Alongside the Real Life event in Stamford, Lincolnshire (please do get in touch for more information if you’d like to join me in person) I will again be hosting a virtual tea party online.
It’s quite simple really. Here’s a rough guide of how to join in on Sunday 17th May from the comfort of your own home.
• Dig out your best mug or loveliest tea set.
• Make sure there’s cake in the house.
• Drink tea and eat cake.
• Take a photo of you doing so.
• Post it in the Facebook Event or on Instagram or Twitter under the 2020 Blue Sunday hashtag.
• Donate the price you’d expect to pay for tea and cake in a café to the Blue Sunday JustGiving page if you’re in a position to do so.
• Feel part of the Real Life event as Anna shares videos and photos.
• Chat online with others. Comment on how delicious each other’s cakes look or swap your favourite recipes. Best of all, potentially find new friends or new accounts to follow.
• Cheer Anna on as she tries to socialise for 2 whole hours at the Real Life event!