Hello and welcome to M.E. myself and I, where you’ll find snippets, highlights and a big old dose of reality as I continue to navigate life in the slow lane with an invisible, chronic illness.
This is also the home of ‘Blue Sunday’, the Tea Party For M.E. – a fundraising event I started in 2013 to raise money and awareness.
My Latest Posts
- Aunt LifeWhen my sister was pregnant and the grief over my childlessness was so consuming, I was consoled by the fact that I would, at least,Continue reading “Aunt Life”
- I don’t and won’tIt’s a restricted life but it’s my life nonetheless. And I don’t want to hate it. I don’t want to wish it away. It isContinue reading “I don’t and won’t”
- Black HoleI am able, somehow, to spend the vast majority of my days focusing on the good; on what I have rather than what I’ve lost.Continue reading “Black Hole”
- An Autumn AdventureIn October I got some moments of fresh air in amongst the rest and recovery and recuperation (and, frankly, the suffering.) We travelled an hourContinue reading “An Autumn Adventure”
- Jumping through hoopsCW: Disability benefit claims process I wish others would accept, like I try to do, that it is now highly unlikely that I will makeContinue reading “Jumping through hoops”