Since 2013, I have declared the Sunday in #MEAwarenessWeek to be Blue Sunday.
People all over the world will be joining in on the dedicated day of fundraising and togetherness.
The premise is simple to allow as many people with M.E. to join in:
• Wear something blue (pyjamas count!)
• Dig out your best cups and saucers
• Bake or buy your favourite cake
• Post a photo of you little tea party set-up to social media
• Invite your family and friends to enjoy tea and cake with you, in person or via video call
• Donate the price you’d pay in a café (visit my Blue Sunday Donations tab on my website)
• Connect with others online who are doing the same, by commenting on their photos and posts
• Feel a part of my In-Person tea party as I upload photos and videos from the event I host every ‘Blue Sunday’.
• Print off the free Blue Sunday leaflet for your tea party guests
You can share your photos in the Blue Sunday 2022 Facebook Event or on Twitter and/or Instagram using the hashtags #TeaPartyForME2022 #BlueSunday2022
No video call?
Not hosted by me, no. My health still will not cooperate enough to allow that. But members of the M.E. community do host them and often open them up to anyone looking to join in with a tea party via video call.
This year, there’s a zoom meeting in the UK, a video call hosted by M.E. Action Network Maryland in the USA, and another in Australia. I have shared the details in my Instagram highlight on How To Join In.)
Don’t have an ME/CFS diagnosis?
Blue Sunday is open to everyone and you’re so very welcome to join us.
Please visit the Blue Sunday 2022 tab in the menu at the top of the page for more details 💙 Including links to the Facebook Event.